If you read yesterday’s post, then you know today is, but I’m going to treat this day like New Year’s Day.
I’ve got a bunch of things I’m thankful for since my last birthday, and a bunch of things I want to accomplish before my next one. I started writing the following lists two months ago and managed to save my notes. These lists are in no particular order…
The Top 5 “Ballsy” Things I Did This Year
- Relocating to Georgia
- Filing for bankruptcy
- Ending a relationship that I didn’t want to end
- Chopping all my hair off
- Contacting high-profile authors for interviews out of the blue
The Top 5 Things I Learned This Year
- Just because someone isn’t there, doesn’t mean s/he doesn’t care.
- I can handle single-parenting without “losing it.”
- No one is inaccessible.
- Stepping out on faith has its rewards.
- Doing the right thing isn’t always the easy choice, but it’s always the best choice.
6 Things I Want to Do Next Year (That I Haven’t Done)
- Publish my book.
- Build a minimum 6-month emergency fund.
- Get more paid writing and speaking gigs.
- Join the NSA Academy (for aspiring professional speakers).
- Attend a writer’s conference.
- Earn another Toastmasters award, and get closer to Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM).
5 Things I’m Going to Keep Doing Next Year (Not Previously Mentioned)
- Being straight-up and honest with people.
- Paying for things without using credit cards or financing.
- Driving my ’04 Mazda (I enjoy not having a car payment).
- Guest blogging (thank you to all my subscribers and supporters!).
- Trusting God.
I plan to reassess these goals of mine every month, and you’ll like see posts about my progress on them. I’m really excited about what the future holds– how about you?