This blog is entering its 8th year (I started it in January 2007). I usually write about goals and such between my birthday (in November) and the close of the year. This is Part 3 of 3 in my 2014 yearly review.
– NYC (I would have gone in October, but a race I scheduled there was cancelled)
– L.A. (to be on another talk show like Ellen, Wendy, Fallon or The REAL and be in the audience with my sister)
– Puerto Rico* and/or Hawaii* (these have been on my list for years, as I’ve never done them)
– My hometown (I have not been to my hometown in 12 years, and there is a 15K race I want to do–it was even recommended as a go-to in Runner’s World magazine this month)
1 THING I WANT TO GET BETTER AT
Building my emergency fund. I enjoy living debt free and not being broke, while still tithing and also doing occasional shopping, but I need to keep the savings momentum going. I think my monies were freed up more this year because I didn’t have anywhere near my normal business expenses as when I am actively publishing or marketing a book.
2 THINGS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO in 2015
– Building more muscle definition in my arms and legs (I want guns!)
– Wearing summer clothes/dresses without my stomach hidden (I spent last week recovering from elective surgery that will contribute to this outcome.)
3 THINGS I WANT TO TRY in 2015
I had a goal to take swimming lessons in 2014 because I think it’s something basic that I should learn as a life skill. I don’t really care about swimming or getting my hair wet in public to be honest, but I’ll leave it on the list.
To sum this all up, I want to continue the trend I’ve got going: travel to visit friends and run, live a life pleasing to God, and enjoy it with people who value me.
What are your plans for 2015?