This blog is entering its 8th year (I started it in January 2007). I usually write about goals and such between my birthday (in November) and the close of the year. This is Part 3 of 3 in my 2014 yearly review.
– NYC (I would have gone in October, but a race I scheduled there was cancelled)
– L.A. (to be on another talk show like Ellen, Wendy, Fallon or The REAL and be in the audience with my sister)
– Puerto Rico* and/or Hawaii* (these have been on my list for years, as I’ve never done them)
– My hometown (I have not been to my hometown in 12 years, and there is a 15K race I want to do–it was even recommended as a go-to in Runner’s World magazine this month)
Part 1 of 3: “Ree-flections” on 2014
3 of my FAVORITE MEMORIES in 2014
– My photo shoot (Feb)
– My book launch party (Mar)
– Meeting folks at Sweetie Pies and visiting the Christmas Story museum in the same weekend (Oct)
3 THINGS THAT HAPPENED in 2014 THAT I’M GRATEFUL FOR
– Getting to travel to almost every place I had planned at the end of 2013 (including NOLA and Boston)
– NOT living from paycheck to paycheck (for the first time since 2011)
1 HARD LESSON I LEARNED in 2014
Accepting that people are who they are and that they will probably not change. (I already knew this but a couple of situations reminded me that no matter how you treat someone, you must A) allow adequate time to get to know someone before letting them in emotionally, and B) accept how they behave and treat you at face value.)
3 THINGS I DID in 2014 I’M PROUD OF
– Successfully launched my first collaborative self-help book (March)
– Paid off the first furniture set I ever purchased, interest free (March)
– Completed my first 1/2 marathon (August)
Tomorrow I will recap my racing accomplishments this year.
What positive (or life changing) memories do you have from this year?