OK, it’s that time again. Time to recap my life in 2015 with a few short posts.
Part 1 of 3: “Ree-flections” on 2015
Part 1 of 3: “Ree-flections” on 2014
– Meeting folks at Sweetie Pies and visiting the Christmas Story museum in the same weekend (Oct)
I hope you enjoy my yearly review of major events and accomplishments in 2013.
What I Did in 2013
- Completed one year of homeschooling
- Reached my weight goal and achieved “Lifetime” status with Weight Watchers
- Was featured in People You Need to Know magazine
- Met a few celebrities (Wendy Williams, Nicci Gilbert, Kim Kimble, Mimi Faust and Chalene Johnson)
- Won the 2013 Stiletto Women in Business Award (SWIBA) Author of the Year Award
- Made it become a finalist in the 2012 ForeWord Reviews Young Adult Nonfiction category for What’s Wrong With Me?
- Was featured in an author interview on the Book Landers blog for What’s Wrong With Me? with a great book review as well (Book Landers gave it 4.5 stars)
- Completed my third self-help book, Ending the Blame Game, to be released in 2014
Super-quick running summary:
- Finished five 5K races (four in Atlanta, including a 6K, and one in Charlotte)
- Total of 425 miles ran in approximately 86 hours (April to December)
2014 Plans include more races: one half marathon in Virginia Beach, one 15K in Atlanta, three 10Ks (one in Brooklyn), and several smaller races in Atlanta. (I am also shooting for a race in Boston and other cities as my budget allows.)
2014 Plans include trips to St. Louis, Cleveland, and a few cities where I hope to run in races as mentioned above.
4 Big I-Want-To-Dos in 2014
These are listed in the order in which I think will be hardest to easiest to achieve:
If you read yesterday’s post, then you know today is, but I’m going to treat this day like New Year’s Day.
I’ve got a bunch of things I’m thankful for since my last birthday, and a bunch of things I want to accomplish before my next one. I started writing the following lists two months ago and managed to save my notes. These lists are in no particular order…
The Top 5 “Ballsy” Things I Did This Year
- Relocating to Georgia
- Filing for bankruptcy
- Ending a relationship that I didn’t want to end
- Chopping all my hair off
- Contacting high-profile authors for interviews out of the blue
The Top 5 Things I Learned This Year
- Just because someone isn’t there, doesn’t mean s/he doesn’t care.
- I can handle single-parenting without “losing it.”
- No one is inaccessible.
- Stepping out on faith has its rewards.
- Doing the right thing isn’t always the easy choice, but it’s always the best choice.
6 Things I Want to Do Next Year (That I Haven’t Done)
- Publish my book.
- Build a minimum 6-month emergency fund.
- Get more paid writing and speaking gigs.
- Join the NSA Academy (for aspiring professional speakers).
- Attend a writer’s conference.
- Earn another Toastmasters award, and get closer to Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM).
5 Things I’m Going to Keep Doing Next Year (Not Previously Mentioned)
- Being straight-up and honest with people.
- Paying for things without using credit cards or financing.
- Driving my ’04 Mazda (I enjoy not having a car payment).
- Guest blogging (thank you to all my subscribers and supporters!).
- Trusting God.
I plan to reassess these goals of mine every month, and you’ll like see posts about my progress on them. I’m really excited about what the future holds– how about you?